Neatform Fabrication Methods
b) Combination Method
Single skin of Neatform attached to
This method does not use a framework,
so it can be used to create double-sided structures with visual
Applications include lightweight screens, display panels,
graphics panels, stage and film sets.
• Free-standing curved shapes
• Show surfaces on both sides
• 6mm / 1/4” thick (nominal) + surfacing materials
Combination Method - Directions
1. To create a curved surface using the Combination
Method, first bend the piece of Neatform and the
surfacing material to the approximate shape (Neatform
grooved face to surfacing material), and roughly
cut to size.
2. Lay both sheets flat (Neatform - grooved face
upwards) and apply a good even coating of PVA
glue to the surface of both sheets, while noting
that it is not necessary for the Neatform grooves
to be filled with glue. A paint roller is an ideal
tool for this job.
Please note –
contact adhesive should not be used with this
the sheet of Neatform and the surfacing material
together and bend to the finished shape.
4. While the glue is still wet, clamp into shape, applying
moderate pressure, to both faces to ensure a good
bond, and leave to set. Follow the adhesive manufacturer’s
guidance on curing times.
5. When released, Neatform and the surfacing material
will retain their shape, ready for trimming and